Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Flock Member!

July 3rd, I went to the fair and happened upon a bin full of bantam chicks! They were so adorable and they were two weeks old - just like my flock at the house. I am sure you can see where this is headed. I purchased itsy bitsy Betsy, who appears to be a silver sebright, and brought her home to see my girls.
At first I was convinced I had just made a horrible awful mistake. Betsy was screaming the 'I am lost help me!' chirp and everyone was pecking her. I was worried that she would get hurt and that she was destined to be a bullied, lonely outcast for the rest of her life. Much to my delight, the next morning the flock was completely ignoring Betsy. By the end of the day she was no longer staying away from everyone, she was eating and sleeping with them. Today, she is a part of the flock! She runs around with them, and scratches and pecks and acts like a chicken.








No comments:

Post a Comment